The 2012 AMSI/ANU/UQ Winter School on Geometric Partial Differential Equations, co-sponsored by PIMS & BICMR
The 2012 AMSI/ANU/UQ Winter school on Geometric Partial Differential Equations
co sponsored by PIMS & BICMR
will be held at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia from 2-13 July, 2012.
The Winter School is supported by
- The Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute (AMSI);
- The Australian National University (ANU) ;
- The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences, Canada (PIMS);
- Beijing International Center for Mathematics Research (BICMR);
- The University of Queensland (UQ).
Designed for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, the programme will focus on recent progress in non-linear partial differential equations and their applications. In particular, the programme will emphasise three interlocking themes:
- Nonlinear elliptic equations and their applications to geometry and optimal transportation;
- Geometric flows and applications;
- Harmonic maps and applications.
The first week will be comprised of introductory lecture courses, while the second week will focus on key topics in recent research and contemporary applications.
These lectures will be presented by world leaders in the area of Geometric Partial Differential Equations.
The Winter School is one of AMSI's flagship higher-education programs, which comprise vacation schools (Summer School, Winter School and BioInfoSummer), Vacation Research Scholarships and the AMSI intern program. The annual AMSI vacation schools and scholarships are funded jointly by the Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education and the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute. The 2012 Winter School is also supported by the Australian National University, the University of Queensland, the Beijing International Center for Mathematics Research and the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences, Canada.