Manage your candidature

Visit my.UQ's HDR information and services pages to access advice, resources and links to:

  • candidature management system and portal guides
  • progress review completion guides
  • thesis preparation, submission and examination advice and guidelines
  • scholarships and fees information
  • student support advice
  • careers advice and resources.

Alternatively, visit UQ's Graduate School website for comprehensive career development support.

Talk to your academic advisor

Contact your academic advisor for advice about course selection as you progress through your degree.

Check your HDR program milestones

Find School administrative advice about your HDR program progress reviews.

Apply for travel

Apply for travel approval and/or funding to attend a conference. Before you complete the online form, you will need to seek approval from your Principal Advisor via email. The email approval should be attached to the online application.

Once you have completed the online application form above and have recieved confirmation that your travel has been approved:

  • Students applying for SMP Funded Travel (from their $3,500 allocation), will be asked to complete the Student Funds Acceptance (DOCX, 20.3 KB) form.
  • Students whose Principal Advisors have agreed to use their grant funds to support your travel, can either:
    • Book your travel and submit a claim for reimbursement by providing copies of all receipts to SMP Finance Transactions (please include a copy of your travel approval notification), or
    • If your Advisor has a UQ Corporate Credit Card, you can make arrangements with them to make the payment on your behalf, but your travel must not be booked through FCM, or
    • Contact SMP Finance Transactions (including a copy of your travel approval notification) and they will make the payment for you, but your travel must not be booked through FCM.

More details from the Graduate School regarding travel are available here.  All questions should be sent to

More details are available at UQ's  Career and employability web pages.

UQ's travel resources page may also be useful.

HDR students who intend to be away from campus for at least a whole research quarter (most commonly in cases of field work) should also ensure they register as remote for their period of travel by submitting a request for approval in advance to the Dean, Graduate School (via my.UQ) 

Contact us

Email the student support team for more information, call (07) 3446 0503, or book an appointment online (students only).